Armagedon Road: Iran VS The World (2010 Edtition)

Discuss the events of the day here, understanding that what stays in The Rant Sheet, Stays in The Rant Sheet. Discuss politicians, social issues, and how you would fix this mess if given half the chance.

Re: Armagedon Road: Iran VS The World (2010 Edtition)

Postby Super Ordinary Guy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Major Eaton wrote:
Super Ordinary Guy wrote:Should we throw a End Of The World cookoff/party???

If you think I'm going to brave the TSA just to fly across the nation to hang out with one of my favorite online chefs and patriot...

It better include a beverage too...

Thank you for the compliments.

You drive a hard bargain though, but I guess a beverage can be found if I look in all the nooks and crannies of Casa SOG..... :skull_rotfl:
Last edited by Super Ordinary Guy on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
Super Ordinary Guy
Fedora Chronicles Official Meteorologist

Favorite Period Film: Maltese Falcon

Postby Super Ordinary Guy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:46 pm

n11pilot wrote:
Eric Renderking Fisk wrote:I reticently read Anthony Bourdain's "Medium Raw" and in it he talks about how his daughter changed his life and quoted JFK: "Having a child is to give fate a hostage." I'm reminded of that again while reading news items about Iran and how things have changed dramatically in the past couple of years. Israel has gone on the record time and again saying that they won't tolerate an enemy rouge nation possessing atomic weapons and have destroyed facilities in other countries in the past.

If there's any question if they are willing and capable of destroying the facilities in Iran, all anyone has to do is look at what they did to Iraq when their own facilities were about to go on line.

Could a "hot" Iran be good for the region? I believe that there are some neighboring countries who are secretly wishing they would destroy the uranium enrichment factories.

Iran has been a difficult issue for our Arab "allies" as far back as the 1980s. Even the Saudis view Iran as a problem waiting to happen. Unfortunately our Saudi "allies" have tied their own hands on the issue by supporting large segments of their population's interest in radical Islam. It is hard to criticize Iran for doing what the Wahabists are advocating with impunity inside Saudi Arabia.

IMHO the middle east is a powder keg with the fuse lit... We just can't see how long the fuse is ......

So would Iran drop the bomb???

Here's my two cents,,,,

If you have seen Monty Python's Holy Grail , Iran reminds me of the Black Knight who does battle with King Arthur.

Arthur fights the Black Knight and, after a short battle, the Knight's left arm is severed.

However, even at this the Knight refuses to stand aside, insisting "'Tis but a scratch", later insisting that he has "had worse", and fights on while holding his sword with his remaining arm. Next his right arm is cut off, but the knight still does not concede. As the Knight is literally disarmed, Arthur assumes the fight is over and kneels to offer a prayer to God. The Black Knight interrupts Arthur's prayer of thanks for his victory by kicking him in the side of the head and accusing him of cowardice. When Arthur points out the Black Knight's injuries, the Knight insists "It's just a flesh wound!". In response to the continued kicks and insults, Arthur chops off the Black Knight's right leg. At this point, the Knight still will not admit to defeat, instead he replies by saying, "Right, I’ll do you for that," and attempts to ram his body into Arthur's, by hopping on his left leg. Arthur is incredulous at The Black Knight's persistence, and angrily asks the Black Knight if he is going to "bleed on me" to win. The Black Knight replies by saying, "I'm invincible!", to which Arthur replies "You're a loony!". With an air of resignation, Arthur finally cuts off the left leg, too. After severing all four of the Knight's Limbs, The Knight says that they should "call it a draw". Arthur then sheathes his sword, summons Patsy and "rides" away, leaving the Black Knight to scream threats at him ("Running away eh?! You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to ya! I'll bite your legs off!").

In other words, yeah they are crazy enough to drop the bomb even if it means they will die. But they will die saying it is Allah's will as they have vaporized the infidels....

They still have public chopping blocks and chop off people's hands and fingers and of course beheading is like taking a drink of water,,,, (no big deal)
Super Ordinary Guy

Postby Cousi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:11 am

The venerable SOG wrote:In other words, yeah they are crazy enough to drop the bomb even if it means they will die. But they will die saying it is Allah's will as they have vaporized the infidels....

I quite agree with our resident star-spangled chef. The radical Islamic extremists are so far in the extreme now that the death of their perceived enemies has more meaning than anything else in their lives. Their own religious fervor has exceeded their own religious convictions if that makes sense. They will destroy sacred sites so long as they destroy their enemies in the process and to them, Allah will forgive them for it. It just doesn't make any sense, but that's how far they've gone.
"When the mob and the press and the whole WORLD tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the River of Truth and tell the whole WORLD:

'No, YOU move.'" - Captain America

"There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Victor Hugo

Veritas et Lux et Vitae
Cousi
Fed Chron Mod

Favorite Period Film: "Mine Isn't In This List!"
Favorite Classic Film: Maltese Falcon

Postby News Hound » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:00 am

Reuters wrote:Israel asks U.S. for arms that could aid Iran strike

(Reuters) - Israel has asked the United States for advanced "bunker-buster" bombs and refueling planes that could improve its ability to attack Iran's underground nuclear sites, an Israeli official said on Thursday.

"Such a request was made" around the time of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to Washington this week, the official said, confirming media reports.

But the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the issue, played down as "unrealistic" Israeli reports that the United States would condition supplying the hardware on Israel promising not to attack Iran this year.

White House spokesman Jay Carney, asked whether the Israelis had made such a request to U.S. officials during the visit, said "there was no such agreement proposed or reached" in President Barack Obama's meetings with Netanyahu or his aides.

But when asked if the matter was raised with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta or other U.S. officials, Carney told reporters he had no information on that. "I would refer you to other officials," he said.
News Hound
Martyr of Traditional Anarchism

Postby Super Ordinary Guy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Not for at least 2 to 3 months at the earliest is what my contacts inform me.........

What that number means I have no clue......

Perhaps the good Major's people working on it have a more solid piece of information.....
Super Ordinary Guy

Postby Major Eaton » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 am

Super Ordinary Guy wrote:Not for at least 2 to 3 months at the earliest is what my contacts inform me.........

What that number means I have no clue......

Perhaps the good Major's people working on it have a more solid piece of information.....

My people are surprised it didn't happen over the weekend.

Or, maybe it did. I'm still crunching the numbers. There's a lot of static right now.
We have top men working on it...right now.
Major Eaton
FC Rapture Czar

Favorite Period Film: King Kong (2005)
Favorite Classic Film: King Kong (1933)

Previous

Return to News And Current Events