Captain Beefheart gone at 69

From concerts and festivals to artist profiles and music reviews. Whatever is spinning on your Victrola or stored in your iPod can be discussed here.

Jazz, Swing, Classical, Modern Pop, and... if you must... disco.

Captain Beefheart gone at 69

Postby DanielJones » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Pioneering musician Captain Beefheart dies at 69

Don Van Vliet, the pioneering and adventurous musician and artist who went by the name of Captain Beefheart and created such influential but unhinged albums as "Trout Mask Replica" and "Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)," has died at the age of 69, reportedly of complications from multiple sclerosis.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=618447&gt1=28102

Cheers.

Dan
"I will not serve that in which I no longer believe, whether it call itself my home, my fatherland, or my church: and I will try to express myself in some mode of life or art as freely as I can and as wholly as I can, using for my defence the only arms I allow myself to use - silence, exile, and cunning." - James Joyce
DanielJones
Fed Chron Mod

Favorite Period Film: Seabiscuit
Favorite Classic Film: The Thin Man

Re: Captain Beefheart gone at 69

Postby davidg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:08 am

My mother used to watch TV and it would annoy me that while watching she would point out actor's and actresses and say, "He's dead .. She's dead" and so on.. Now I'm doing it.. so it goes.. perhaps I'm just feeling maudlin because I went to a 97 year old's funeral last night.. LOTS of people there!
davidg
Knight Templar

Favorite Period Film: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Favorite Classic Film: The Thin Man

Return to Music