Brave (2012)

The Classics and Period Films - Movies that were made during the Golden Era and more recent films that pay homage to bygone times.

The Classics and Period Films - Movies that were made during the Golden Era and more recent films that pay homage to bygone times.

Independent Film Makers: From concept to release and all related production elements...this is the perfect place for members and special guests to discuss their craft.

Brave (2012)

Postby DanielJones » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Here is a new offering from Disney/Pixar. Looks like fun. Seems perfet that Billy Connolly Is voicing the King.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/brave/

Good cast all the way around.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1217209/

Cheers!

Dan
"I will not serve that in which I no longer believe, whether it call itself my home, my fatherland, or my church: and I will try to express myself in some mode of life or art as freely as I can and as wholly as I can, using for my defence the only arms I allow myself to use - silence, exile, and cunning." - James Joyce
DanielJones
Fed Chron Mod

Favorite Period Film: Seabiscuit
Favorite Classic Film: The Thin Man

Re: Brave (2012)

Postby DanielJones » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Kelly Macdonald who does the voice of the Princess Merida was also recently in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 as the ghost Helena Ravenclaw and Margaret Schroeder in Boardwalk Empire. And, I always enjoy listening to Billy Connolly, either in his stand-up routines or in his acting roles. He brings a fire to any character he plays.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Cheers!

Dan
"I will not serve that in which I no longer believe, whether it call itself my home, my fatherland, or my church: and I will try to express myself in some mode of life or art as freely as I can and as wholly as I can, using for my defence the only arms I allow myself to use - silence, exile, and cunning." - James Joyce
DanielJones
Fed Chron Mod

Postby Doug Palumbo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 am

I am looking forward to this as well. Nice to see a girl lead in an adventure film.
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit

Doug Palumbo
Fedora Chronicles Staff

Favorite Period Film: The Untouchables

Postby Major Eaton » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Doug Palumbo wrote:I am looking forward to this as well. Nice to see a girl lead in an adventure film.

Two words. Haywire.

Brave, though is also favorably looked on the the Good Major's home. Pixar has always been about story.
We have top men working on it...right now.
Major Eaton
FC Rapture Czar

Favorite Period Film: King Kong (2005)
Favorite Classic Film: King Kong (1933)

Postby RetroRebel » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:08 pm

I am also looking forward to this movie. I have always been interested in medieval times and Scotland. Like the good Major said, Pixar has always been about the story. I'm intrigued.

P.S. Is it just me, or does the King/Dad/Whoever that is, look alot like the father from DreamWorks "How to Train Your Dragon"?
RetroRebel
Retro Revolution Veteran

Favorite Period Film: Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Favorite Classic Film: Maltese Falcon

Postby theyouthexpress » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 am

I'm looking forward to this movie..Please tell me when this movie will come out?????????
theyouthexpress
Hotel Fedora Bellhop

Favorite Period Film: The Untouchables
Favorite Classic Film: The Dawn Patrol

Postby DanielJones » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 pm

A few more released images.

Not sure when it comes out, but I would guess this year, maybe in the spring.

Cheers!

Dan
DanielJones
Fed Chron Mod

Postby RetroRebel » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:39 pm

It comes out on June 22nd.
RetroRebel
Retro Revolution Veteran

Postby DanielJones » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Thank you! Of course I think I'll be too worn out as we are climbing Mt. St. Helens on the 21st. Then again it'll be a good way to sit around and relax in a dark room recovering.

Cheers!

Dan
DanielJones
Fed Chron Mod

Postby RetroRebel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Saw Brave this afternoon. I thought it was pretty good. The storyline was rather tired. Pacing was a bit "iffy". The humor was great. The soundtrack was excellent too.

Don't get me wrong. I liked the movie. From any other studio it would have been one of their crown jewels. But from Pixar? With movies like "The Incredibles", "Up", and "Toy Story"?

But the animation... My word, it was gorgeous. It must be seen to be believed.
RetroRebel
Retro Revolution Veteran

Postby MacFett » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 am

Saw this one the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
An AirForce pilot's prayer: God grant me the stealth of a tiger on the prowl, the eyes of an eagle on the hunt, and the BALLS of an Army helicopter pilot.
MacFett
Martyr of Traditional Anarchism

Postby Henri Defense » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 am

RetroRebel wrote:Saw Brave this afternoon. I thought it was pretty good. The storyline was rather tired. Pacing was a bit "iffy". The humor was great. The soundtrack was excellent too.

Don't get me wrong. I liked the movie. From any other studio it would have been one of their crown jewels. But from Pixar? With movies like "The Incredibles", "Up", and "Toy Story"?

But the animation... My word, it was gorgeous. It must be seen to be believed.

I'll agree. It wasn't Pixar's best work, but I sure enjoyed the hell out of it.

Henri
"Be always drunken. Nothing else matters: that is the only question. If you would not feel the horrible burden of Time weighing on your shoulders and crushing you to the earth, be drunken continually. Drunken with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtues, as you will. But be drunk.. ask what hour it is.. 'It is the hour to be drunken! Be drunken, if you would not be martyred slaves of Time; be drunken continually! With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you will.' "
-Baudelaire
Henri Defense
Vintage Stetson Club

Favorite Classic Film: Casablanca

Postby RetroRebel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Henri Defense wrote:
I'll agree. It wasn't Pixar's best work, but I sure enjoyed the hell out of it.

Henri

Oh definitely.
RetroRebel
Retro Revolution Veteran

Postby Major Eaton » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Where's the Pizza Planet Truck in this one...Or Mike and Sully?
We have top men working on it...right now.
Major Eaton
FC Rapture Czar

Favorite Period Film: King Kong (2005)
Favorite Classic Film: King Kong (1933)

Postby Bazooka Goof » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Major Eaton wrote:Where's the Pizza Planet Truck in this one...Or Mike and Sully?

I haven't seen this yet, but from the IMDB trivia section the Pizza Planet Truck is in some "Witch's Hut".

I originally was going to skip this film, only because I despise Reese Witherspoon and refuse to see anything she's attached to. However, seeing that she was replaced, this will be on my list once it hits DVD- my daughter ought to eat this one up. Apart from Cars 2, I've thoroughly enjoyed every Pixar film I've ever seen (and I've seen them all, except for Brave)
How's your mom, Ed?
Bazooka Goof
Ain't Dead Yet, M*********R!

Next

Return to Motion Pictures